Agricultural engineering refers to the discipline of engineering that analyses & improves agricultural production and processing. B. Tech Agricultural Engineering Colleges in Lucknow and beyond attempt to combine mechanical, civil, electrical and chemical engineering principles mixed with a knowledge of agricultural practices devised according to technological principles. A primary objective of Agricultural Engineering is to improve the efficacy and sustainability of agricultural practices.
Agricultural engineers try to resolve agricultural issues borne out of power supplies, the use of structures and facilities, the efficiency of machinery, the storage and processing of agricultural products and various pollution and environmental issues. Both Government & Private Agricultural Engineering Colleges in U.P. strive to produce agricultural engineers capable of resolving these issues efficiently.
Duties of a Agricultural Engineer
Agricultural engineers typically perform the following tasks:
- Use computer software to design equipment, systems, or structures
- Modify environmental factors that affect animal or crop production, such as airflow in a barn or runoff patterns on a field
- Test equipment to ensure its safety and reliability
- Oversee construction and production operations
- Plan and work together with clients, contractors, consultants, and other engineers to ensure effective and desirable outcomes
- Agricultural engineers work in farming, including aquaculture (farming of seafood), forestry, and food processing. They work on a wide variety of projects. For example, some agricultural engineers work to develop climate control systems that increase the comfort and productivity of livestock whereas others work to increase the storage capacity and efficiency of refrigeration. Many agricultural engineers attempt to develop better solutions for animal waste disposal. Those with computer programming skills work to integrate artificial intelligence and geospatial systems into agriculture. For example, they work to improve efficiency in fertilizer application or to automate harvesting systems.
In line with its position among the Top B.Tech colleges in Lucknow, RRIMT provides extraordinary faculty and facility assistance to our students and attempts to produce engineers that leave a lasting impact on the industry as a whole – providing tough competition to any graduate from a government or private engineering college in UP.
The laboratories established by the department are as follows:
- Farm Machinery Lab
- Basic Electronics & Instrumentation Lab
- Theory of Machine Lab
- Electrical Circuits Lab
- Soil Mechanics Lab
- Farm Power Lab
- Strength of Material Lab
- Irrigation Engg. Lab
- Drainage Engg. Lab
- Dairy & Food Engg. Lab
- Ground Water, Well & Pump Engg. Lab
- Soil & Water Conservation Engg. Lab
- Tractor System & Control Lab
- Crop Process Engg. Lab