lectronics & Communication Engineering deals with the electronic devices, circuits, communication equipment’s like transmitter, receiver, integrated circuits (IC). It also deals with basic electronics, analog and digital transmission & reception of data, voice and video (Example AM, FM, DTH), microprocessors, satellite communication, microwave engineering, antennae and wave progression. It aims to deepen the knowledge and skills of the students on the basic concepts and theories that will equip them in their professional work involving analysis, systems implementation, operation, production, and maintenance of the various applications in the field of Electronics and Communications Engineering.
This branch deals with analog and digital transmission, reception of data, voice and video, basic electronics, solid state devices, microprocessors, digital analog communication, microwave engineering, antennae, wave propagation, etc. The department has well qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty ready to keep pace with the advances in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering. It has laboratories that are manned by experienced trainers.
To promote excellence in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied domain through quality education to provide valuable assets for industry & society and inculcating moral values & ethics.
- To allocate quality education through technically sound curriculum and effective teaching-learning process.
- To strengthen institution-industry relationship to make students well versed with latest technologies and current industrial needs.
- To promote entrepreneurship, professional ethics, leadership skills and moral values with enthusiasm for lifelong learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduate will compete on global platform to pursue their professional career in Electronics and Communication Engineering and allied disciplines.
- Graduates will be able to effectively analyse and solve engineering problems with the help of appropriate techniques and advanced tools both in industry and in academic sector.
- Graduates will communicate efficiently to work as an able leader and a competent team member.
Program Outcome (POs)
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME (PSOs)
- The ability to identify and apply the concepts of digital systems, signal processing & wireless communication to cater the current needs of the growing global industry
- The ability to understand the technological advancements in the field of Embedded systems & Robotics by using different tools like MATLAB, PSPICE to analyze and design systems to provide solution to various problems.
FACULTY OF Electronics & Communication Engineering
NIRENDRA KUMAR NISHAD
MOHD ZUBAIR ALAM
Duties of an EC Engineer
- Design and maintain satellites, which bring TV, telephone and Internet service into remote and rural regions
- ECE Engineers also creates advanced communication facilities like video conferencing which bring people together from all over the world
- Develops programs for various control and communication systems
In order to excel as one of the best electronics and communication engineering colleges in Lucknow, RRIMT has installed state-of-the-art facilities and appointed some of the finest teachers for B.Tech in Electronics and Communications.
The department has established following laboratories:
- Operating System Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Microwave Lab
- PCS Workshop & Design
- Computer Aided Design & Simulation Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Communication Lab
- Instrumentation & Measurement Lab
- Microprocessor Lab
- Digital Signal Processing Lab