nformation technology (IT) describes the technology that is used for information processing. In particular the use of electronic computers and computer software to convert, store, protect, process, transmit and retrieve information from anywhere, anytime may be referred to as Information Technology.
In an academic context, the Association for Computing Machinery defines IT as “undergraduate degree programs that prepare students to meet the computer technology needs of business, government, healthcare, schools, and other kinds of organizations …. IT specialists assume responsibility for selecting hardware and software products appropriate for an organization, integrating those products with organizational needs and infrastructure, and installing, customizing, and maintaining those applications for the organization’s computer users.”
IT engineers are employed in many different industries to create, install, or troubleshoot technology and software programs. If you would like to become an IT engineer, you’ll likely need at least a bachelor’s degree preferably from one of the top B.Tech Colleges in Lucknow. Job growth in this field is expected to be much faster than average in the coming decade.
The department of Information Technology envision to create technically competent and skilled intellectual IT professionals with the incorporation of professional ethical and moral values.
- To provide knowledge, based on the changing needs of the stakeholders which helps them to learn latest technologies and provide solutions to the industry and society.
- To establish and maintain an effective operational environment which enables the student to perform exceptionally in professional career, higher education, research and development.
- To inculcate professional values, ethics and morality.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- The graduate of programme will acquire a strong background in basic and contemporary science and use their knowledge of Information Technology to solve real world engineering problems.
- The graduate of the programme will be studded with professional attitude along with ethical and moral behaviour.
- The graduate will be technically competent to pursue professional career in industry, higher education, research and development for the betterment of the society.
Program Outcome (POs)
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME (PSOs)
- The ability to formulate a usable system that efficiently incorporates software and hardware to meet user requirements in an economical way.
- The ability to implement an efficient information centric management system which uses the concepts & tools of databases, data management and data communication for the end users.
FACULTY OF Information Technology
GAURAV MANI TRIPATHI
RAHUL KUMAR SINGH
NITISH KUMAR SINGH
Duties of an IT Engineer
IT engineers help to meet their employer’s needs for computer hardware, software and networking tools. They work to develop, test, install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware and software. As part of this process, they work to create proper documentation, diagrams and other detailed instructions to help other employees make the best use of new technologies.
- Design/Develop Website or web based solutions
- Design/Develop Software used for various industries
- Information Technology Engineers can find the opportunities in any of the following category
- Design / Development / Testing/ Maintenance of software in IT industry
- Networking & Security administrator in IT or any computerized industry
As one of the best colleges for B.Tech in Lucknow, RRIMT provides some of the most sought after facilities and some of the most truly accomplished teachers within the Information Technology Department.
Labs established by the Department of IT include:
- Computer Networking Lab
- operating Systems Lab
- Database Management System Lab
- Data Structure Lab
- Computer Design Lab
- Java Programming Lab
- Java, C & C++ LAb
- Numerical Techniques Lab
- DAA Lab
- Software Engineering Lab
- Internet Lab
- Compiler Design Lab
- Data Structure Lab
- Artificial Intelligence/Distributed Systems Lab