iotechnology refers to the technical application of Biological systems or living organisms to make or modify products or processes for specific uses. As a leader among top Biotechnology colleges in Lucknow, we define Biotechnology as the use of microorganisms such as bacteria, yeasts, or biological substances such as enzymes, to perform specific industrial or manufacturing processes.
Biotechnology has wide areas of application in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, development of Medicines and Vaccine, treatment of prolonged disease, pollution control and waste management and ecological conservation, energy production and conservation and many more. A Biotech college in Lucknow has enormous potential to produce batches of efficient & accomplished engineers who can shape the very economy of Uttar Pradesh with their trade.
To become a centre of excellence and develop biotechnologists to formulate ethical solutions for the betterment of mankind.
- Enabling environment for effective teaching learning process with incorporation of multidisciplinary approaches to meet the global challenges.
- Generating trained man power groomed in advance techniques to make employable and successful entrepreneur.
- Imparting professional, social and ethical values for solving the Biotechnological problems of society, nation and the world at large.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduate will excel in higher education, employability & related domains with the help of multidisciplinary tools and techniques.
- Graduates will be able to identify and solve the real life problems with their critical thinking and ability to innovate.
- Graduates will be skilled with a zeal for continuous learning for their professional career.
Program Outcome (POs)
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOME (PSOs)
- The ability to build a bright career in biotechnology fields like pharmaceutical, microbiology, medical technology along with competence of working in multidisciplinary projects.
- The ability to apply the existing and innovative theoretical and practical knowledge to handle unpredictable situation such as biological war, chemical war and pandemics.
FACULTY OF Bio-Technology
GOPAL JEE TIWARI
UDAY KUMAR GUPTA
HEMANT KUMAR SHARMA
AMIT KUMAR MANI TIWARI
ARUN KUMAR VERMA
PRADEEP KUMAR RAO
Duties of a Biotechnology Engineer
- Biotech Engineers involve in medical processes such as getting organisms to produce new drugs, or using stem cells to regenerate damaged human tissues and re-grow entire organs.
- Biotechnologist involves industrial processes such as the production of new chemicals or the development of new preservative that can be used for food storage.
- Biotech Engineers deal with medical devices, instruments used in hospitals & medical labs.
- Biotech Engineers also deal with bioinformatics which involves the use applied mathematics, informatics, statistics, computer science, artificial intelligence, chemistry, and biochemistry
- Biotechnology experts develop hybrid plants and evolve processes such as the development of pest-resistant grains or the accelerated evolution of disease-resistant animals.
As an undoubted leader among Biotechnology Colleges in Lucknow, RRIMT provides state-of-the-art facilities and the most accomplished faculty for a biotech college in Lucknow to produce the Bio Technocrats of Tomorrow.
The laboratories established by the department are as follows :
- Biochemistry Lab
- Microbiology Lab
- Immunology Lab
- Genetics & Molecular Biology Lab
- Bioinformatics Lab-I
- Bioinformatics Lab-II
- Fermentation Biotechnology Lab
- Bioprocess Engineering Lab
- Genetic Engineering Lab
- Food Biotechnology Lab
- Downstream Processing Lab